Chinnor Pull Away To Finally Beat Resilient Hull

Hull lost a game they were contesting well until midway into the second half . Some indiscipline proved costly as frustration  with the officials saw two Hull players yellow carded which made the visitors task all the more difficult.

Chinnor were quickly off the mark when after a line out in Hull’s twenty two metre area they retained possession for their back row man Will Cave to drive over for a try converted by off half Tim Price after just five minutes.

Hull’s response was not long in coming and when their prop, Loma Kivalu, burst through the middle winger Timoci Waqadua was on hand to race over for an unconverted try after 10 minutes.

Chinnor then made the most of a penalty award and after retaining their lineout possession they were able to force hooker Marshall over the line for a try converted by Price after 20 minutes. Five minutes later Hull’s winger Waqadua collected a loose kick on the halfway line and evaded two would be tacklers before putting centre Steve  Johnson in for a try converted by off half Reece Dean after 25 minutes.

Chinnor then scored two tries in the last 10 minutes of the half. The first one came from a catch and drive from a lineout near the Hull line which was awarded to Cave with Price kicking the conversion. This was followed just three minutes later when, from another lineout, Chinnor moved the ball left for winger Goss to touchdown for an unconverted try to see the home side leading 26-12 at the break.

The second period sawHull quickly narrow the hosts lead with a forty third minute penalty from Dean but thereafter despite some promising sorties by Hull it was Chinnor who took control. Back row forward  Cave completed his hat-trick from a catch and drive move after 47 minutes. This was quickly followed by a Jason Worrall try when the winger was put clear after the Chinnor pack had driven forward.

Hull kept playing open rugby and substitute winger Jack Edward’s was put away twice only to be stopped by good cover tackles. The final act was an 80th minute try by Chinnor from short range by second row forward James Down.

With non of the Chinnor second half tries being converted they ran out 41-15 winners against a Hull side which played a full part in an entertaining game.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s