1st Team

Match Report: (A) Lymm W 38-8

Hull recovered from a stuttering first half display to turn on an exhibition of rugby full power and accuracy of execution in the second period to subdue a lively Lymm side and claim another maximum points haul to keep up the pressure on second placed Rossendale.
Hull started with the elements and after missing a fairly easy penalty after three minutes Hull maintained their pressure which led to Lymm’s number eight Ashall being yellow carded.Now encamped in the Lymm twenty two metre area it took Hull a couple more minutes to score their first try when winger Stephen Hihetah crashed through a number of tackles to plunge over the line with off half Tomasi Tanumi adding the conversion after fifteen minutes.
Hull may have thought more points were soon to come but Lymm tackled well and worked their way back into the game and a penalty goal by their full back Nolan after eighteen minutes saw them just four points adrift.
Hull then had a frustrating ten minutes when despite having much of the possession they made little progress until late in the half centre Joe Martin lead the charge with a good break leading to a penalty for Hull which Tomasi Tanumi duly converted after after thirty nine minutes to see Hull narrowly ahead at halftime 10-3.
The second half saw Lymm fail to make use of an early plenty award and from that moment onwards Hull took control of the game. After forty four minutes a well fashioned catch and drive saw captain and hooked Tom Rice lead the pack over the line and score the try. Tomasi Tanumi’s conversion seeing Hull 17-3 in the lead.
After fifty three minutes a lightening fast break by Hull’s scrum half Harvey Harding was halted short of the line but the ensuing scrum saw Hull demolish the Lymm eight and after the prominent substitute back row man Kay was held up just short Cameron Curry burrowed his over for a try again converted by Tomasi Tanumi.
Hull were now in total command and although winger Ashley Smith was adjudged in touch as he dived over in the corner after sixty one minutes Hull were not to be denied . They achieved their bonus point on seventy minutes when a pin point accuracy cross field kick by Tomasi Tanumi was caught by Stephen Hihetah just fifteen yards out and he made no mistake thundering over for his second try converted by the reliable boot of Tomasi Tanumi.
Lymm had never given up and after seventy eight minutes their quick moving backs caught Hull off guard and their substitute off half rounded off some good work to register an unconverted try which was no more than their persistence deserved.
Hull were not done yet and in a fitting finale Stephen Hihetah scored his third try when he scythed through a tiring Lymm defence to touch down a few yards in from touch. Tomasi Tanumi duly added the conversion to give Hull another maximum points haul and a welcome boost to their overall points scored tally 
and keep them in the race for second place.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s