1st Team, 1st's Match Reports, Home

Hihetah hat-trick as Hull destroy Morley

Hull bounced back from theri first defeat of the season last week to record a convincing victory agasnt bottom of the table Morley in a game where Hull held all the trump cards. Hull had the better of the scrums and showed real defensive determination when holding out against a series of Morley attacks when they were down to fourteen men for twenty minutes of the second half.
Hull’s attacking abilities were too much for Morley and Hull could have passed the fifty point mark but leaving with maximum points and an enhanced scoring average was fitting reward for a good afternoons work.
Hull took just six minutes to record their first score when a reverse pass from Hull’s off half Reece Dean put winger Steve Hihetah in for a try under the posts which Rees Dean converted.
A brief spell of Morley pressure came to an abrupt end when Hull surged forward out of their own half and Winger Steve Hihetah sidestepped and thundered his way to his second try just five yards in from the touchline. Dean’s conversion emphasising the off halfs kicking ability. That conversion saw Hull 14-0 in the lead after just twelve minutes.
Three minutes later Dean was on hand to take a ball five yards out after Steve Hihetah had been held short of the line to score Hull’s third try to which he added the conversion.
Having established a good lead Hull found the going much harder for the rest of the first half as Morley showed real spirit in coming back strongly and test Hull’s defences but the visitors held frim to go in 21-0 leaders at the break.
The second period saw Hull start with great energy and after just five minutes Steve Hihetah completed his hatrick when off half Dean produced and inch pefesct cross kick from the right to see the winger catch the ball unopposed and walk in for an unconverted try.
Four minutes later Hull’s other winger Mike Adlard showed his pace and scored a try under the posts whch Dean converted with ease.
Hull then witnessed something of a Morley revival and with a coule of yellow cards handed to Hull they needed all their defensive resources to hold out Morley.
Hull captain for the day number eight Joe Stafford lead from the front in keeping the home side at bay.
As the game entered the last ten minutes Hull were able to reestablish their total superiority when they stretched the home sides defences for Stafford to round off a great handling move with yet another Hull try converted by Dean.
Hull full back Lee Birch scored Hull’s final try in the last minute after another Hull atack had left the home side wrong footed. Dean’s conversion saw Hull home 47-0 to record the bigest winning margin of the year.

By Richard Gore

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s