1st Team

Match Report: (A) Stockport W 49-10

Gary Pearce , Hull’s head coach was pleased with his side’s maximum points haul against a Stockport side showing signs of improvement as their injured players start to return.
Hull had the worst possible start as both second rows were yellow carded and Stockport went ahead through a Scott Redfern penalty goal all in the first six minutes.
Hull reacted well and their off half, Chris Harding levelled matters after nine minutes with a penalty goal. Still down to thirteen men Hull then created good field position giving winger Steve Hihetah the chance to dance his way past a bemused Stockport defence for Hull’s first try converted by Chris Harding after sixteen minutes.
Hull continued to exert pressure as they returned to full strength and after twenty two minutes a further Harding penalty saw Hull easing ahead.
In the remaining quarter of the half Hull effectively put the result beyond doubt as they broke from deep in their own half through full back George Fossey who then finished off the move running g in the first of his four tries under the posts for Harding to slot over the conversion after twenty eight minutes.
Fossey was on hand six minutes later to drive over the line after Hull had retained possession for two minted but too wide for the conversion attempt but Hull were out of sight at the break 25-3 ahead.
The second half was a continuation of the first as Hull scored after one minute of the half as their midfield backs opened up the defence for Fossey, now on the wing, to show skill and a change of pace to touch down in the right hand corner. Although this try went unconverted Hull soon scored again directly from the Stockport kick off with Fossey scoring his fourth try enabling Harding to convert to see Hull out of sight 37-3 ahead.
Stockport never gave up and they scored a deserved try after good forward pressure through their best forward, number eight Jordan Pearson with Redfern adding the two points..
Hull regathered themselves and a long range catch and drive over the Stockport line saw Joe Stafford credited with the try after fifty nine minutes . This was quickly followed by substitute back Callum Smith going in under the posts for a try converted by Chris Harding .
Hull then had lapses of concentration and had to be satisfied with a 49-10 point victory rather than breaking through the fifty point barrier !!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s